Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Epidural Guidelines Facet Joint Guidelines IPM Guidelines Regenerative Medicine Guidelines OPIOID Guidelines Risk Stratification Guideline Antithrombotic Guidelines Sedation Guidelines Triaging Guideline BMC Therapy Position Statement
Current issue highlights: (September 2021, Volume 24, Issue 6)
- Utilization and Expenditures of Vertebral Augmentation Continue to Decline: An Analysis in Fee-For-Service (FFS) Recipients from 2009 to 2018
Health Services Research
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Sri Harsha Vardhan Senapathi, MD, James M. Milburn, MD, Allan L. Brook, MD, Brahma Prasad Vangala, MBBS, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Chronic Opioid Therapy Utilization Following an Acute Pain Prescription Supply Restriction Law: An Interrupted Time Series Analysis
Yun Shen, MPH, Juan M. Hincapie-Castillo, PhD, Scott M. Vouri, PhD, Marvin A. Dewar, MD, Jill M. Sumfest, MD, and Amie J. Goodin, PhD.
- A Comparative Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of 3 Routes of Administration of Epidural Injections in Lumbar Disc Herniation
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Emilija Knezevic, ., Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Brahma Prasad Vangala, MBBS, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Srinivasa Thota, MD, Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD, Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Comparison of Clinical Outcomes and Complications Between Percutaneous Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Degenerative Lumbar Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Lei Zhu, MM, Tongchuan Cai, MM, Yuzhou Shan, MM, Wenjie Zhang, MD, Liang Zhang, MD, and Xinmin Feng, MD.
- Is Osteoporotic Thoracolumbar Burst Fracture a Contraindication to Percutaneous Kyphoplasty? A Systematic Review
Yuxiang Chen, MD, Peng Yin, MD, Yong Hai, MD, Qingjun Su, MD, and Jincai Yang, MD.
- Perineural Versus Intravenous Dexamethasone for Brachial Plexus Block: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Tao Bei, PhD, Junting Liu, PhD, Qiulin Huang, BS, Jiaheng Wu, BS, and Jinmin Zhao, PhD.
- Efficacy of Intrawound Treatments to Prevent Surgical Site Infection after Spine Surgery: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis
Lu Lin, MD, Si Cheng, MD, Yang Wang, MD, Xiaolin Chen, MD, Guosheng Zhao, MD, Zhiqiang Wang, MD, Xiaojiong Jia, PhD, and Zhenyong Ke, MD.
- Treatment Impact on Patient-Reported Outcomes in Peripheral Neuropathic Pain: Comparing Single Intervention With Topical High-Concentration Capsaicin to Daily Oral Pregabalin
Eric Viel, MD, PhD, Marielle Eerdekens, MD, and Prashanth Kandaswamy, MSc.
- Viable Disc Tissue Allograft Supplementation; One- and Two-level Treatment of Degenerated Intervertebral Discs in Patients with Chronic Discogenic Low Back Pain: One Year Results of the VAST Randomized Controlled Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial
Douglas P. Beall, MD, Timothy Davis, MD, Michael J. DePalma, MD, Kasra Amirdelfan, MD, Edward S. Yoon, MD, Gregory L. Wilson, DO, Randolph Bishop, MD, William C. Tally, MD, Steven L. Gershon, MD, Morgan P. Lorio, MD, FACS, Hans Joerg Meisel, MD, PhD, Meredith Langhorst, MD, Corey W. Hunter, MD, and Timothy Ganey, PhD.
- Investigation of Effectiveness of Two Different Kinesiotaping Techniques in Myofascial Pain Syndrome: An Open-Label Randomized Clinical Trial
Fatma Merih Akpinar, MD, Dilsad Sindel, MD, and Aysegül Ketenci, MD.
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of High Rate rTMS Versus rTMS and Amitriptyline in Chronic Migraine
Randomized Controlled Trial
Jayantee Kalita, MD, DM, Sumit Kumar, DM, Varun K. Singh, DM, and Usha K. Misra, DM.