Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Epidural Guidelines Facet Joint Guidelines IPM Guidelines Regenerative Medicine Guidelines OPIOID Guidelines Risk Stratification Guideline Antithrombotic Guidelines Sedation Guidelines Triaging Guideline BMC Therapy Position Statement
Current issue highlights: (May 2022, Volume 25, Issue 3)
- COVID-19 Pandemic Reduced Utilization Of Interventional Techniques 18.7% In Managing Chronic Pain In The Medicare Population In 2020: Analysis Of Utilization Data From 2000 To 2020
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Radomir Kosanovic, MD, Douglas P. Beall, MD, Sairam Atluri, MD, Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD, Shalini Shah, MD, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Amol Soin, MD, Christopher G. Gharibo, MD, Bradley W. Wargo, DO, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Impact Of COVID-19 Pandemic and Updated Utilization Patterns of Sacroiliac Joint Injections from 2000 to 2020 in The Fee-For-Service (FFS) Medicare Population
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Thomas T. Simopoulos, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Maanasa V. Manchikanti, ., Radomir Kosanovic, MD, Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Dhanalakshmi Koyyalagunta, MD, Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Douglas P. Beall, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Cervical Facet-Mediated Pain and Cervicogenic Headache Treated With Radiofrequency Ablation: A Systematic Review
Michael Suer, MD, Sayed Emal Wahezi, MD, Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, and Nalini Sehgal, MD.
- Does Direct Surgical Repair Benefit Pars Interarticularis Fracture? A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Sung Huang Laurent Tsai, MD, MPH, Chia-Wei Chang, MD, Wei-Cheng Chen, MD, Tung-Yi Lin, MD, Ying-Chih Wang, MD, Chak-Bor Wong, MD, Yagiz Ugur Yolcu, MD, Mohammed Ali Alvi, MBBS, Mohamad Bydon, MD, and Tsai-Sheng Fu, MD.
- Rationale and Recent Advances in Targeted Drug Delivery for Cancer Pain: Is It Time to Change the Paradigm?
Denis Dupoiron, MD, Rui Duarte, PhD, Gabriel Carvajal, MD, Frederic Aubrun, PhD, and Sam Eldabe, PhD.
- Multimodal Analgesia With Sevoflurane Provides Enhanced Intraoperative Analgesic Effects in Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy: A Randomized, Blinded Clinical Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial
Xiao-Hua Wang, *, Si-Yuan Zhang, MD, Yi Huang, MD, Qian Wang, PhD, Luwen Zou, MD, Guoguang Zhao, PhD, and Tian-Long Wang, PhD.
- Comparison Between Two Volumes of 70% Alcohol in Single Injection Ultrasound-Guided Celiac Plexus Neurolysis: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial
Mohamed E. Abdel-Ghaffar, MD, Salah A. Ismail, MD, Reda A. Ismail, MD, Mostafa M. Abdelrahman, MD, and Mohamed E. Abuelnaga, MD.
- Comparison of Intravascular Uptake Using Touhy or Quincke Needle During Lumbar Medial Branch Block
Ji Hee Hong, MD, PhD, Ki Beom Park, MD, PhD, and Sung Won Jung, MD, PhD.
- Comparative Efficacy of Rotator Interval Versus Posterior Capsule Approach Intraarticular Corticosteroid Injections for Primary Frozen Shoulder: A Single-blind, Randomized Trial
Chul-Hyun Cho, MD, Du Hwan Kim, MD, Du-Han Kim, MD, Byong-Chan Choi, MD, Soon Gu Kim, PhD, Dong Gyu Lee, MD, and Jang Hyuk Cho, MD.
- The Interspace Between Popliteal Artery and Posterior Capsule of the Knee (IPACK) Block in Knee Arthroplasty: A Prospective Randomized Trial
Mohammad A. Abdullah, MD, Mohamed M. Abu Elyazed, MD, and Shaimaa F. Mostafa, MD.