Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Epidural Guidelines Facet Joint Guidelines IPM Guidelines Regenerative Medicine Guidelines OPIOID Guidelines Risk Stratification Guideline Antithrombotic Guidelines Sedation Guidelines Triaging Guideline BMC Therapy Position Statement
Current issue highlights: (August 2022, Volume 25, Issue 5)
- Efficacy of Botulinum Toxin, Local Anesthetics, and Corticosteroids in Patients With Piriformis Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Faisal M. Hilal, MD, Ahmed Bashawyah, MD, Abdallah El-Sayed Allam, MD, King Hei Stanley Lam, MD, Ahmed Amine El Oumri, MD, Felice Galluccio, MD, Abdullah AlKharabsheh, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Ammar Salti, MD, and Giustino Varrassi, MD, PhD.
- Comparison of Analgesic Effects of Different Regional Blocks in Video-assisted Thoracic and Breast Surgeries: A Network Meta-analysis and Systematic Review
Ge Luo, MD, Jiachun Tao, MD, Jianjun Zhu, MD, Keyue Xie, MD, and Chunjue Ni, MD.
- The Effect of Erector Spinae Plane Block With and Without Addition of Magnesium on Relief of Pain from Post-herpetic Neuralgia
Randomized Controlled Trial
Sameh Abdelhalik Ahmed, MD, Amr Ahmed Magdy, MD, Mohammad Ali Abdullah, MD, and Amr Arafa Albadry, MD.
- Analysis of Somatosensory Profiles Using Quantitative Sensory Testing During Tonic and BurstDR Stimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
Matthias Hubert Morgalla, MD, PhD, and Lydia Domay, MD.
- Telemedicine Implementation in Pain Medicine: A Survey Evaluation of Pain Medicine Practices in Spring 2020
Brian Brenner, MD, Scott Brancolini, MD, Yashar Eshraghi, MD, Maged Guirguis, MD, Shravani Durbhakula, MD, David Provenzano, MD, Kevin Vorenkamp, MD, Shalini Shah, MD, Michael Darden, PhD, and Lynn Kohan, MD.
- Prospective Within Subject Comparison of Fluoroscopically Guided Lumbosacral Facet Joint Radiofrequency Ablation Using a Multi-Tined (Trident) Versus Conventional Monopolar Cannula
George Deng, MD, Ashley Smith, PhD, and Robert Burnham, MD.
- Prone Position MRI of the Lumbar Spine in Patients With Low Back Pain and/or Radiculopathy Refractory to Treatment
Martin Avellanal, MD, PhD, Antonio Ferreiro, MD, PhD, Irene Riquelme, MD, Andre P. Boezaart, MD, PhD, Alberto Prats-Galino, MD, PhD, and Miguel A. Reina, MD, PhD.
- Predictive Factors for Adjacent Vertebral Fractures After Percutaneous Kyphoplasty in Patients With Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fracture
Wu Tao, MD, Wang Biao, MD, Chen Xingmei, MD, Qin Hu, MD, Sun Jinpeng, MD, Gu Yue, MD, and Liu Jun, MD.
- Disability Pension Did Not Reduce Opioid Use Among Patients With Failed Back Surgery Syndrome Who Were Trialed and Implanted for Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hanna Kaijankoski, MD, Mette Nissen, MD, Janne Pesonen, MD, Tiina-Mari Ikaheimo, RN, Mikael von und zu Fraunberg, MD, PhD, Olavi Airaksinen, MD, PhD, and Jukka Huttunen, MD, PhD.
- Correlation Between Electromyography and Severity and Prognosis of Upper Limb Herpes Zoster
Jiayi Tang, MD, Ge Luo, MD, Jiachun Tao, MD, Jianjun Zhu, MD, Qiuli He, MD, Huadong Ni, PhD, Keyue Xie, PhD, Longsheng Xu, PhD, and Ming Yao, PhD.