Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (July 2020, Volume 23, Issue 4)
- Clinical Effectiveness of Interlaminar Epidural Injections of Local Anesthetic with or without Steroids for Managing Chronic Neck Pain: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Mohamed Kamal Mesregah, MD, PhD, Wei Feng, PhD, Wei-Hsun Huang, MBBS, Wei-Cheng Chen, MBBS, Brandon Yoshida, BSc, Andrew Mecum, BA, Krishna Mandalia, BSc, and Nicholas Van Halm-Lutterodt, MD, PhD.
- Evidence for the Efficacy of Scrambler Therapy for Cancer Pain: A Systematic Review
Komal Kashyap, PhD, and Sushma Bhatnagar, MD.
- Long-Term Outcomes of Epidurals with Lidocaine With or Without Steroids for Lumbar Disc Herniation and Spinal Stenosis: A Meta-Analysis
Wenxing Zhao, MD, PhD, Yong Wang, MD, Jianping Wu, MD, PhD, Xinyou Gao, MD, Quanfeng Wei, MD, Xuezhen Lai, MD, and Jianxiong An, MD, PhD.
- Bilateral Ultrasound-Guided Erector Spinae Plane Block Versus Transversus Abdominis Plane Block on Postoperative Analgesia after Total Abdominal Hysterectomy
Alshaimaa Abdel Fattah Kamel, MD, Olfat Abdelmoniem Ibrahem Amin, MD, and Mohamed Abdel Moniem Ibrahem, MD.
- Contrast Medium Volume Needed to Reach Anterior Epidural Space via the Kambin Triangle or Subpedicular Approach for Transforaminal Epidural Injection
Babita Ghai, MD, Amit Kumar Gupta, MD, Jeetinder Kaur Makkar, MD, and Sarvdeep Singh Dhatt, MS.
- Open Lumbar Microdiscectomy and Posterolateral Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy for Antero- and Retrospondylolisthesis
Dong-Ju Yun, MD, Sang-Joon Park, MD, and Sang-Ho Lee, MD, PhD.
- Transversus Abdominis Plane Block as a Treatment Modality for Chronic Abdominal Pain
Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, Susan Luo, BS, and Cody Falls, BS.
- Descriptive Analysis of Federal and State Interventional Pain Malpractice Litigation in the United States: A Pilot Investigation
Dilip Kamath, MD, Sean McIntyre, MD, Saskya Byerly, MD, Nitin Agarwal, MD, Preetha Kamath, MD, Evan Peskin, MD, Raghav Gupta, BS, Souvik Roy, BS, Ruben Schwartz, DO, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Omar Viswanath, MD, Ivan Urits, MD, and Danielle Bodzin Horn, MD.
- Lidocaine Versus Bupivacaine in the Treatment of Headache with Intranasal Sphenopalatine Nerve Block
Daniel L. Kirkpatrick, MD, Tricia Townsend, BS, Carissa Walter, MPH, Lauren Clark, MS, Adam Alli, MD, Thomas Fahrbach, MD, E. John Madarang, MD, Steven Lemons, MD, Alan Reeves, MD, and Zachary Collins, MD.
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: An Analysis of the Current Treatment Options
Bo Song, MD, Peter Yeh, MD, Daniel Nguyen, DO, Uzoh Ikpeama, MD, Max Epstein, MD, and John Harrell, MD.