Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (August 2020, Volume 23, Issue 4S)
- COVID-19 Special Issue Editorial
Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- Evidence-Based Risk Mitigation and Stratification During COVID-19 for Return to Interventional Pain Practice: American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) Guidelines
Risk Stratification Guidelines
Shalini Shah, MD, Sudhir Diwan, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Kartic Rajput, MD, Amit Mahajan, MBBS, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Joshua A. Hirsch, MD, and Christopher Gharibo, MD.
- Triaging Interventional Pain Procedures During COVID-19 or Related Elective Surgery Restrictions: Evidence-Informed Guidance from the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP)
Christopher Gharibo, MD, Amit Sharma, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Shalini Shah, MD, Sudhir Diwan, MD, Ricardo Buenaventura, MD, Devi E Nampiaparampil, MD, Steve Aydin, DO, Sanjay Bakshi, MD, Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD, Sachin "Sunny" Jha, MD, MS, Harold Cordner, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, Kenneth D. Candido, MD, Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Sairam Atluri, MD, Bradley W. Wargo, DO, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Sukdeb Datta, MD, Joshua A. Hirsch, MD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, and Kartic Rajput, MD.
- Telemedicine During COVID-19 and Beyond: A Practical Guide and Best Practices Multidisciplinary Approach for the Orthopedic and Neurologic Pain Physical Examination
Sayed E Wahezi, MD, Rui V. Duarte, PhD, Sandeep Yerra, MBBS, Mark A. Thomas, MD, Beendu Pujar, MD, Nalini Sehgal, MD, Charles Argoff, MD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, David Gonzalez, MD, Ruchi Jain, MD, Chong H Kim, MD, Michael Hossack, MD, Shayan Senthelal, MD, Ankush Jain, MD, Nathaniel Leo, MD, Naum Shaparin, MD, Daniel Wong, MD, Ashley Wong, MD, Kim Nguyen, MD, Jaspal R. Singh, MD, Giacinto Grieco, MD, Arpan Patel, MD, Merritt D. Kinon, MD, and Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD.
- Lack of Superiority of Epidural Injections with Lidocaine with Steroids Compared to Without Steroids in Spinal Pain: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Ivan Urits, MD, Vwaire Orhurhu, MD, Brahma Prasad Vangala, MBBS, Rachana Vanaparthy, MBBS, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Shalini Shah, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Amit Mahajan, MBBS, Sairam Atluri, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- The Effect of COVID-19 on Interventional Pain Management Practices: A Physician Burnout Survey
Sachin "Sunny" Jha, MD, MS, Shalini Shah, MD, Michael David Calderon, MS, Amol Soin, MD, and Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- Relationship Between Epidural Steroid Dose and Suppression of Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis
Sung-eun Sim, MD, PhD, Hyo Ju Hong, MD, Kyungmoon Roh, MD, Jaeho Seo, MD, and Ho Sik Moon, MD.
- Comparing the Safety and Effectiveness of Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation on Genicular Nerve, Intraarticular Pulsed Radiofrequency with Steroid Injection in the Pain Management of Knee Osteoarthritis
Peng Yao, MD, PhD, Tao Hong, MM, Guangxiao Li, PhD, Zhenkai Han, MM, Shimeng Wang, BS, and Yuanyuan Ding, MD, PhD.
- Considerations for Epidural Blood Patch and Other Postdural Puncture Headache Treatments in Patients with COVID-19
Pascal Scemama, MD, Fadi Farah, MD, Glen Mann, MD, Roman Margulis, MD, Karina Gritsenko, MD, and Naum Shaparin, MD.
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Implications on Interventional Pain Practice—a Narrative Review
Helen Gharaei, MD, and Sudhir Diwan, MD.
- Steroid Distancing in Interventional Pain Management During COVID-19 and Beyond: Safe, Effective and Practical Approach
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Radomir Kosanovic, MD, Rachana Vanaparthy, MBBS, Brahma Prasad Vangala, MBBS, Amol Soin, MD, Harsh Sachdeva, MD, Shalini Shah, MD, Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- COVID-19 Pandemic - A Narrative Review of the Potential Roles of Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine
Carlos M. de Barros, MD, Carolina A. de Faria Almeida, MSc, Bruna Pereira, PhD, Karla C. Mancini Costa, MSc, Flaviane A. Pinheiro, ., Livia Del Bianco Maia, ., Cristiano M. Trindade, MD, Raphael C. Tamborelli Garcia, PhD, Larissa H. Torres, PhD, Sudhir Diwan, MD, and Vanessa B. Boralli, PhD.
- The Technological Impact of COVID-19 on the Future of Education and Health Care Delivery
Shalini Shah, MD, Sudhir Diwan, MD, Lynn Kohan, MD, David Rosenblum, MD, Christopher Gharibo, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Adrian Sulindro, MD, Quinn Nguyen, MD, and David A. Provenzano, MD.
- Value and Validity of Coronavirus Antibody Testing
Amit Mahajan, MBBS, and Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- Safety and Effectiveness of Intravascular Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Treat Organ Failure and Possible Application in COVID-19 Complications
Sairam Atluri, MD, Vivek Manocha, MD, Navneet Boddu, MD, Sachi Bhati, ., Zaid Syed, ., and Sudhir Diwan, MD.
- Overview of Stem Cell Therapy for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome with Focus on COVID 19
Rachel J. Kaye, BA, MD (anticipated).
- Impact of COVID-19 on an Academic Pain Fellowship Program
Anand Prem, MD, Suwarna Anand, MD, and Arvind Chandrashekar, MD.