Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (November 2019, Volume 22, Issue 6)
- Update on Reversal and Decline of Growth of Utilization of Interventional Techniques In Managing Chronic Pain in the Medicare Population from 2000 to 2018
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Opioid Prescription in Switzerland: Appropriate Comedication use in Cancer and Noncancer Pain
Maria M. Wertli, MD, PhD, Ulrike Held, PhD, Andri Signorell, MSc, Johann Steurer, MD, Eva Blozik, MD, and Jakob M. Burgstaller, MD, PhD.
- What are Future Pain Physicians Learning? A Survey of Opioid Prescribing Practices Among US Pain Fellowship Programs
Ferdinand Iannaccone, DO, Peter Nielson, MD, Hazeez Adigun, MD, and Andrew Kaufman, MD.
- Effectiveness of Percutaneous Adhesiolysis in Managing Chronic Central Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Prescriber Education Interventions to Optimize Opioid Prescribing in Acute Care: A Systematic Review
Ria E. Hopkins, MPH, Thuy Bui, MClinPharm, Dianna Magliano, PhD, Carolyn Arnold, MBBS, and Michael Dooley, PhD.
- Hyaluronidase in Neuroplasty: A Review
Standiford Helm II, MD, and Gabor Racz, MD.
- Transforaminal Versus Lateral Parasagittal Versus Midline Interlaminar Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection for Management of Unilateral Radicular Lumbar Pain: A Randomized Double-Blind Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial
Jeetinder Kaur Makkar, MD, Kalla Krishna Prasad Gourav, MD, Kajal Jain, MD, Preet Mohinder Singh, MD, Sarvdeep S. Dhatt, MS, Naresh Sachdeva, MSc, PhD, and Sanjay Bhadada, MD.
- Pain Management Using Perioperative Administration of Parecoxib for Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
Ke Xiao, MD, Lingjia Yu, MD, Weiyuan Xiao, MD, PhD, Huiming Peng, MD, Yanyan Bian, MD, Zhihong Wu, MD, PhD, and Xisheng Weng, MD, PhD.
- Effect of Dry Needling Injection and Kinesiotaping on Pain and Quality of Life in Patients with Mechanical Neck Pain
Sule Sahin Onat, MD, Cemile Sevgi Polat, MD, Seda Bicer, MD, Zehra Sahin, MD, and Ozlem Tasoglu, MD.
- C-Arm Guided Percutaneous Radiofrequency Thoracic Sympathectomy for Treatment of Primary Palmar Hyperhidrosis in Comparison with Local Botulinum Toxin Type A Injection, Randomized Trial
Tarek A.H. Mostafa, MS, Abdel A. Hamed, MD, Basma M. Mohammed, MD, Nabil A. El Sheikh, MD, and Ahmed A.A. Shama, MD.