Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (May 2019, Volume 22, Issue 3)
- ASIPP Guidelines for Sedation and Fasting Status of Patients Undergoing Interventional Pain Management Procedures
Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Mark R. Jones, MD, Omar Viswanath, MD, Kenneth D. Candido, MD, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Amol Soin, MD, Mahendra Sanapati, MD, Michael E. Harned, MD, Thomas T. Simopoulos, MD, Sudhir Diwan, MD, Sheri L. Albers, DO, Sukdeb Datta, MD, Frank JE Falco, MD, and Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- Interventional Treatments for Postherpetic Neuralgia: A Systematic Review
Chia-Shiang Lin, MD, Ying-Chun Lin, MD, Hsuan-Chih Lao, MD, and Chien-Chuan Chen, MD.
- A Systematic Review of Interventions and Programs Targeting Appropriate Prescribing of Opioids
Yola Moride, PhD, Danae Lemieux-Uresandi, MSc, Genaro Castillon, MD, Cristiano Soares de Moura, PhD, Louise Pilote, MD, PhD, Mareva Faure, MSc, and Sasha Bernartsky, MD, PhD.
- Low-Level Laser Therapy for Fibromyalgia: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Shu-Wei Yeh, MD, Chien-Hsiung Hong, MD, Ming-Chieh Shih, MD, Ka-Wai Tam, MD, PhD, Yao-Hsien Huang, MD, and Yi-Chun Kuan, MD.
- Comparison Between the Effectiveness of Complex Decongestive Therapy and Stellate Ganglion Block in Patients with Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema: A Randomized Controlled Study
Myung Woo Park, MD, Shi-Uk Lee, MD, PhD, Sohyun Kwon, MD, and Kwan Sik Seo, MD, PhD.
- Comparison of Intravascular Injection Rate Between Blunt and Sharp Needles During Cervical Transforaminal Epidural Block
Younghoon Jeon, MD, PhD, Jungwon Lee, MD, Hyunho Shin, MD, Chorong Park, MD, Kilhyun Kim, MD, and Saeyoung Kim, MD, PhD.
- Paravertebral Dexmedetomidine in Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgeries for Acute and Chronic Pain Prevention
Sayed Kaoud Abd-Elshafy, MD, Fatma Abdallal, MD, Emad Zarief Kamel, MD, Heba Edwar, MBBCh, Essam Abd Allah, MD, Hatem Hassan Mohamed Maghraby, MD, Jehan Ahmed Sayed, MD, Mohamed Shaaban Ali, MD, PhD, Hussein Elkhayat, MD, and Ghada Shalaby Khalaf Mahran, MD.
- New Strategy for Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Surgery to Treat Infectious Spondylodiscitis in the Thoracolumbar Spine
Chia-Yu Lin, MD, Chien-Chun Chang, MD, Yen-Jen Chen, MD, Chun-Hao Tsai, MD, PhD, Hsi-Kai Tsou, MD, PhD, Chih-Sheng Lin, PhD, Mao-Wang Ho, MD, Hsien-Te Chen, MD, PhD, and Horng-Chaung Hsu, MD, PhD.
- Transforaminal Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy Versus Open Lumbar Microdiscectomy: A Comparative Cohort Study with a 5-Year Follow-Up
Yong Ahn, MD, PhD, Sang Gu Lee, MD, PhD, Seong Son, MD, and Han Joong Keum, MD.
- Factors Influencing Receipt of Interventional Pain Management Among Medicaid Beneficiaries with Cancer
Open Label Study
Michael T. Halpern, MD, PhD, and Mallorie H. Fiero, PhD.