Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Epidural Guidelines Facet Joint Guidelines IPM Guidelines Regenerative Medicine Guidelines OPIOID Guidelines Risk Stratification Guideline Antithrombotic Guidelines Sedation Guidelines Triaging Guideline BMC Therapy Position Statement
Current issue highlights: (January 2022, Volume 25, Issue 1)
- Gray Matter Abnormalities in Patients with Chronic Primary Pain: A Coordinate-Based Meta-Analysis
Zuxing Wang, MD, Minlan Yuan, PhD, Jun Xiao, BS, Lili Chen, BS, Xiaoyun Guo, PhD, Yikai Dou, PhD, Fugui Jiang, MD, Wenjiao Min, PhD, and Bo Zhou, PhD.
- Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma Applications in Chronic Pain Medicine: Establishing a Framework for Future Research - A Narrative Review
Guilherme Ferreira-Dos-Santos, MD, Mark Friedrich B. Hurdle, MD, Steven R Clendenen, MD, Jason S Eldrige, MD, and Wenchun Qu, MD, PhD.
- Exploring the Abilities of Peripheral Autonomic Parameters to Describe Pain: Another Dead End?
Erick Argüello, PhD, Leonardo Bermeo, PhD, and Javier Castillo, PhD.
- Safety and Efficacy of Platelet Rich Plasma for Treatment of Lumbar Discogenic Pain: A Prospective, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind Study
Randomized Controlled Study
Margaret Anne Zielinski, BA, Natalie Eleanor Evans, BA, Hyun Bae, MD, Evish Kamrava, MD, Aaron Calodney, MD, Kent Remley, MD, Ramsin Benyamin, MD, Daniel Franc, MD, PhD, Matthew R. Peterson, MD, Jessica Lovine, BA, Hannah R. Barrows, BA, Kennedy Mahdavi, BA, Taylor P. Kuhn, PhD, and Sheldon Jordan, MD.
- Clinical Effects and Safety of the Use of Methylene Blue for the Treatment of Lumbar Facet Joint Syndrome
Randomized Controlled Trial
Xiuqin Yu, MD, Jinyuan Zhang, PhD, Mingxia Wang, MD, Yu Yang, MD, Wei Zhang, MD, Dan Su, MD, Lijun Liao, PhD, Hao Yang, PhD, Hongwei Fang, MD, and Xiangrui Wang, PhD.
- Outcomes of Cervical Therapeutic Medial Branch Blocks and Radiofrequency Neurotomy: Clinical Outcomes and Cost Utility are Equivalent
Comparative Effectiveness Study
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Safety of Interlaminar Cervical Epidural Injections: Experience With 12,168 Procedures in a Single Pain Clinic
David M. Schultz, MD, Jonathan M. Hagedorn, MD, Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, and Scott Stayner, MD, PhD.
- Do Patients Accurately Recall Their Pain Levels Following Epidural Steroid Injection? A Cohort Study of Recall Bias in Patient-Reported Outcomes
Bilal B. Butt, MD, David Kagan, ', Joel Gagnier, PhD, Ronald Wasserman, MD, Ahmad Nassr, MD, Rakesh Patel, MD, and Ilyas Aleem, MD.
- Multi-waveform Spinal Cord Stimulation with High Frequency Electromagnetic Coupled (HF-EMC) Powered Implanted Electrode Array and Receiver for the Treatment of Chronic Back and Leg Pain (SURF Study)
Robert Bolash, MD, Michael Creamer, DO, Richard Rauck, MD, Payam Vahedifar, MD, Aaron Calodney, MD, Ira Fox, MD, Cuneyt Ozaktay, MD, and Niek Vanquathem, BA.
- Utility of Cervical Sympathetic Block in Treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Multiple Cohorts: A Retrospective Analysis
Eugene G. Lipov, MD, Ryan Jacobs, MD, Shauna Springer, PhD, Kenneth D. Candido, MD, and Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD.