Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Bert Fellows, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (March 2020, Volume 23, Issue 2)
- Expanded Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells (UC-MSCs) as a Therapeutic Strategy in Managing Critically Ill COVID-19 Patients: The Case for Compassionate Use
Evolutionary Therapeutic Strategies
Sairam Atluri, MD, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC) Therapy in Musculoskeletal Disorders: Evidence-Based Policy Position Statement of American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP)
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Christopher J. Centeno, MD, Sairam Atluri, MD, Sheri L. Albers, DO, Shane Shapiro, MD, Gerard A. Malanga, MD, Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, Mairin Jerome, MD, Joshua A. Hirsch, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Steve M. Aydin, DO, Douglas Beall, MD, Don Buford, MD, Joanne Borg-Stein, MD, Ricardo M. Buenaventura, MD, Joseph A. Cabaret, MD, Aaron K. Calodney, MD, Kenneth D. Candido, MD, Cameron Cartier, MD, Richard Latchaw, MD, Sudhir Diwan, MD, Ehren Dodson, PhD, Zachary Fausel, MD, Michael Fredericson, MD, Christopher G. Gharibo, MD, Mayank Gupta, MD, Adam M. Kaye, PharmD, FASCP, FCPhA, Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Radomir Kosanovic, MD, Matthew Lucas, DO, Maanasa V. Manchikanti, BS, R. Amadeus Mason, MD, Kenneth Mautner, MD, Samuel Murala, MD, Annu Navani, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Sarah Pastoriza, Do, Ramarao Pasupuleti, MD, Cyril Philip, MD, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Theodore Sand, PhD, Rinoo V. Shah, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Ian Stemper, MS, Bradley W. Wargo, DO, and Philippe Hernigou, MD.
- An Updated Analysis of Utilization of Epidural Procedures in Managing Chronic Pain in the Medicare Population from 2000 to 2018
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Amol Soin, MD, Maanasa V. Manchikanti, BS, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Vanila Singh, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Update of Utilization Patterns of Facet Joint Interventions in Managing Spinal Pain from 2000 to 2018 in the US Fee-for-Service Medicare Population
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Mahendra R. Sanapati, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Amol Soin, MD, Sairam Atluri, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Joysree Subramanian, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Interventional Pain Medicine Practice in the UK and the USA: A Survey of 242 Pain Physicians
Sanjeeva Gupta, MD, and Manohar Sharma, MD.