Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (May 2018, Volume 21, Issue 3)
- The Role of Unilateral Balloon Kyphoplasty for the Treatment of Patients with OVCFS: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Guang-Heng Xiang, MD, Min-Ji Tong, MD, Chao Lou, MD, Si-Pin Zhu, MD, Wei Jun Guo, MD, and Chen Rong Ke, MD.
- Patterns, Changes, and Trends in Prescription Opioid Dispensing in Canada, 2005–2016
Benedikt Fischer, PhD, Wayne Jones, MSc, MA, Lenka Vojtila, BSc, and Paul Kurdyak, MD, PhD.
- Stem Cells for the Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis: A Comprehensive Review
Lei Zhao, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD.
- Effect of Different Volumes on Pain Relief in Patient Receiving Fluoroscopic Guided Interlaminar Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
Jeetinder Kaur Makkar, MD, Balbir Kumar, MD, Kajal Jain, MD, Saravdeep S. Dhutt, MS, YK Batra, MD, and Preet Mohinder Singh, MD.
- A Prospective Randomized Noninferiority Trial Comparing Upper and Lower One-Third Joint Approaches for Sacroiliac Joint Injections
Sang Hyun Hong, MD, PhD, Hyewon Chung, MD, Chang Hee Lee, MD, and Young Hoon Kim, MD, PhD.
- Comparison of the Efficacy and Safety of Bone-filling Mesh Container and Simple Percutaneous Balloon Kyphoplasty in the Treatment of Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures
Chun-Jing He, MD, and Guo-Dong Liu, MD.
- Comparison of Epidural Spreading Patterns and Clinical Outcomes of Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection with High-Volume Injectate via the Subpedicular Versus the Retrodiscal Approach
Won-Joong Kim, MD, PhD, Hwa-Yong Shin, MD, PhD, Seung Hee Yoo, MD, and Hahck Soo Park, MD, PhD.
- Cebranopadol: A Novel, First-in-Class, Strong Analgesic: Results from a Randomized Phase IIa Clinical Trial in Postoperative Acute Pain
Andrea Scholz, MD, John Bothmer, PhD, Maurits Kok, MSc, Kornelia Hoschen, MSc, and Stephen Daniels, DO.
- Cooled Radiofrequency Neurotomy of the Articular Sensory Branches of the Obturator and Femoral Nerves – Combined Approach Using Fluoroscopy and Ultrasound Guidance: Technical Report, and Observational Study on Safety and Efficacy
Leonardo Kapural, MD, PhD, Suneil Jolly, MD, Joao Mantoan, MD, Harish Badhey, MD, and Ty Ptacek, MD.
- Response to Cervical Medial Branch Blocks In Patients with Cervicogenic Vertigo
Tim Hahn, Cand. Med., Marc-Eric Halatsch, MD, Christian Wirtz, MD, and Stephan Klessinger, MD.
- Pulsed Radiofrequency Ablation for the Treatment of Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia Secondary to Oropharyngeal Carcinoma
Neerja Bharti, DNB, Suryabrata Chattopadhyay, MD, Navneet Singla, Mch, Indu Bala, MD, Yatindra K. Batra, MD, and Jaimanti Bakshi, MS.
- Improving Fluoroscopic Visualization for Lower Cervical Medial Branch Blocks with a Modified Swimmer’s View: A Technical Report
David S. Stolzenberg, DO, Ryan Pheifer, DO, Joshua Armstrong, DO, George Young, DO, Jeffrey Gehret, DO, Jeremy Simon, MD, and George C. Chang Chien, DO.
- Functional Connectivity Alterations: Novel Therapy and Future Implications in Chronic Pain Management
Stephen L. Thorp, MD, Thomas Suchy, MD, Nalini Vadivelu, MD, Erik M. Helander, MBBS, Richard D. Urman, MD, and Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD.
- Minimally Invasive Full-Endoscopic Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy Assisted by O-Arm-Based Navigation
Chao Zhang, MD, PhD, Junlong Wu, MD, PhD, Chuang Xu, MD, Wenjie Zheng, MD, PhD, Yong Pan, MD, PhD, Changqing Li, MD, PhD, and Yue Zhou, MD, PhD.