Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (July 2017, Volume 20, Issue 5)
- High Prevalence of Neuropathic Pain Component in Patients with Low Back Pain: Evidence from Meta-Analysis
Kapil Gudala, PhD Scholar, Dipika Bansal, MD, DM, Rambabu Vatte, MPharm, Babita Ghai, MD, DNB, Fabrizio Schifano, FRCPsych, and Chandrasehkar Boya, PhD Scholar.
- Efficacy of Palmitoylethanolamide for Pain: A Meta-Analysis
Bekir Berker Artukoglu, MD, Chad Beyer, MBChB, Adi Zuloff-Shani, PhD, Ephraim Brener, PhD, and Michael Howard Bloch, MD.
- Therapeutic Role of Placebo: Evolution of a New Paradigm in Understanding Research and Clinical Practice
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Standiford Helm II, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Randomized Placebo-Controlled Placebo Trial to Determine the Placebo Effect Size
Ludger Gerdesmeyer, MD, Tim Klueter, MD, Volker W. Rahlfs, PhD, CStat, Munjed Al Muderis, MD, Amol Saxena, PDM, Hans Gollwitzer, MD, PhD, Norbert Harrasser, MD, Martin Stukenberg, MD, and Alexander Prehn-Kristensen, PhD.
- Subcutaneous Injection of Triamcinolone and Lidocaine to Prevent Postherpetic Neuralgia
Jiaxiang Ni, MD, Xiaoping Wang, MD, Yuanzhang Tang, MD, Liqiang Yang, MD, Yuanjie Zeng, MD, and Yuna Guo, MD.
- Intrathecal Morphine Improves Hemodynamic Parameters and Analgesia in Patients Undergoing Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery: A Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized Trial
Hamed Elgendy, MD, PhD, and Hatem A.R. Helmy, MD.
- Evaluating the Adjuvant Effect of Dexamethasone to Ropivacaine in Transversus Abdominis Plane Block for Inguinal Hernia Repair and Spermatocelectomy: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Robert Wegner, MD, Duane Akwar, MD, Sarah Guzman-Reyes, MD, Greesha Pednekar, MD, Rabail Chaudhry, MD, Navneet Grewal, MD, Naveen Kukreja, MD, Omar L. Mancillas, MD, George W Williams, MD, and Omonele Nwokolo, MD.
- Activation of the RAGE/STAT3 Pathway in the Dorsal Root Ganglion Contributes to the Persistent Pain Hypersensitivity Induced by Lumbar Disc Herniation
Xin-Sheng Zhang, MD, Xiao Li, MD, Hai-Jie Luo, MD, Zhu-Xi Huang, MD, Cui-cui Liu, MD, Qing Wan, MD, PhD, Shu-Wei Xu, MD, Shao-Ling Wu, MD, PhD, Song-Jian Ke, MD, and Chao Ma, MD, PhD.
- Opioids for Ocular Pain – A Narrative Review
Vinicius BP Pereira, MD, Renato Garcia, MD, Andre AM Torricelli, MD, and Samir J. Bechara, MD.
- Continuing Anti-thrombotic Medication During Low-to-Intermediate Risk Spinal Procedures: A Retrospective Evaluation
Noud van Helmond, MD, Wesley Day, *, and Kenneth B. Chapman, MD.
- Efficacy of Short-Term Spinal Cord Stimulation in Acute/Subacute Zoster-Related Pain: A Retrospective Study
Dao-song Dong, MD, Xue Yu, MD, Cheng-fu Wan, MD, Yan Liu, MD, Lin Zhao, MD, Qi Xi, MD, Wen-yao Cui, MD, Qiu-shi Wang, MD, and Tao Song, MD.
- Transforaminal Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy and Foraminoplasty after Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery
Jian-Jun Wu, MD, Hui-Zhen Chen, MD, and Changkun Zheng, MD.