Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (May 2017, Volume 20, Issue 4)
- Cost Utility Analysis of Lumbar Interlaminar Epidural Injections in the Treatment of Lumbar
Disc Herniation, Central Spinal Stenosis, and Axial or Discogenic Low Back Pain
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- The Effectiveness of Manual Therapy for Relieving Pain, Stiffness, and Dysfunction in Knee Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Qinguang Xu, MD, Bei Chen, MD, Yueyi Wang, MD, Xuezong Wang, MD, Dapeng Han, MD, Daofang Ding, PhD, Yuxin Zheng, MD, Yuelong Cao, MD, PhD, Hongsheng Zhan, MD, PhD, and Yao Zhou, MD.
- Is Traumatic and Non-Traumatic Neck Pain Associated with Brain Alterations? – A Systematic Review
Robby DePauw, PT, MSc, Iris Coppieters, PT, MSc, Mira Meeus, PhD, Karen Caeyenberghs, PhD, Lieven Danneels, PhD, MSc, and Barbara Cagnie, PhD.
- Epidural Dexamethasone Influences Postoperative Analgesia after Major Abdominal Surgery
Jeong-Min Hong, MD, Kyung-Hoon Kim, MD, PhD, Hyeon Jeong Lee, MD, PhD, Jae-Young Kwon, MD, PhD, Hae-Kyu Kim, MD, PhD, Hyae-Jin Kim, MD, Ah-Reum Cho, MD, PhD, Wang-Seok Do, MD, and Hyo Sung Kim, MD.
- High Voltage Pulsed Radiofrequency for the Treatment of Refractory Neuralgia of the Infraorbital Nerve: A Prospective Double-Blinded Randomized Controlled Study
Fang Luo, MD, Tao Wang, MD, Ying Shen, MD, Lan Meng, MD, Jingjing Lu, MD, and Nan Ji, MD.
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers Modulate the Function of Myelinated Fibers after Chemotherapy: A Quantitative Sensory Testing Study
Carlos J. Roldan, MD, Juhee Song, PhD, Mitchell P Engle, MD, PhD, and Patrick M. Dougherty, PhD.
- Stem Cell Therapy for Chronic Pain Management: Review of Uses, Advances, and Adverse Effects
Krishnan Chakravarthy, MD, PhD, Yian Chen, MD, Cathy He, MD, and Paul J. Christo, MD.
- Differences in Pain Processing Between Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain, Recurrent Low Back Pain, and Fibromyalgia
Dorien Goubert, PhD, Lieven Danneels, PhD, MSc, Thomas Graven-Nielsen, PhD, Filip Descheemaeker, PT, and Mira Meeus, PhD.
- Anesthetic Considerations and Perioperative Management of Spinal Cord Stimulators: Literature Review and Initial Recommendations
Michael E. Harned, MD, Brandon Gish, MD, Allison Zuelzer, MD, and Jay S. Grider, DO, PhD.
- Paresthesia-Independence: An Assessment of Technical Factors Related to 10 kHz Paresthesia-Free Spinal Cord Stimulation
Giuliano De Carolis, MD, Mery Paroli, PsyD, Lara Tollapi, MD, Matthew W. Doust, MD, Abram H. Burgher, MD, Cong Yu, MD, Thomas Yang, MD, Donna M. Morgan, MD, Kasra Amirdelfan, MD, Leonardo Kapural, MD, PhD, B. Todd Sitzman, MD, Richard Bundschu, MD, Ricardo Vallejo, MD, PhD, Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD, Thomas L. Yearwood, MD, PhD, Bradford E. Gliner, MS, Ashley A. Powell, PhD, and Kerry Bradley, MS.
- Feasibility of Percutaneous Lumbar Discectomy Combined with Percutaneous Cementoplasty for Symptomatic Lumbar Disc Herniation with Modic Type I Endplate Changes
Qing-Hua Tian, MD, Ying-Ying Lu, MD, Xi-Qi Sun, MD, Tao Wang, MD, Chun-Gen Wu, MD, PhD, Ming-Hua Li, MD, PhD, and Ying-Sheng Cheng, MD, PhD.
- Endogenous Pain Facilitation Rather Than Inhibition Differs Between People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, and Controls: An Observational Study
Simon M. Collin, PhD, Jo Nijs, PhD, Mira Meeus, PhD, Andrea Polli, MSc, Barbara Willekens, MD, and Kelly Ickmans, PT, PhD.
- Evaluation of Depression in Subacute Low Back Pain: A Case Control Study
Case Control Study
Daniel Lopez-Lopez, PhD, Juan M. Vilar-Fernandez, PhD, Cesar Calvo-Lobo, PhD, Marta E. Losa-Iglesias, PhD, David Rodriguez-Sanz, PhD, and Ricardo Becerro-de- Bengoa-Vallejo, MD, PhD.
- Initial Clinical Outcomes of Percutaneous Full-Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy Using an Interlaminar Approach at the L4-L5
Jun-ichiro Nakamura, MD, and Kiyoshi Yoshihara, MD.
- Nomogram for Predicting Intradiscal Cement Leakage Following Percutaneous Vertebroplasty in Patients with Osteoporotic Related Vertebral Compression Fractures
Bin-Yan Zhong, MD, Shi-Cheng He, MD, Hai-Dong Zhu, MD, Tao Pan, MD, Wen Fang, MD, Li Chen, MD, Jin-He Guo, MD, Gang Deng, MD, Guang-Yu Zhu, MD, and Gao-Jun Teng, MD, PhD.