Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional
Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The open access journal is published 6 times a year.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary, open access journal
written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians,
clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain
management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (July 2018, Volume 21, Issue 4)
- Reframing the Prevention Strategies of the Opioid Crisis: Focusing on Prescription Opioids, Fentanyl, and Heroin Epidemic
Health Policy Review
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Jaya Sanapati, MD, Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD, Sairam Atluri, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Is Unilateral Percutaneous Kyphoplasty Superior to Bilateral Percutaneous Kyphoplasty for Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures? Evidence from a Systematic Review of Discordant Meta-Analyses
Xiaofeng Chen, MD, Weijun Guo, MD, Qian Li, MD, Zhicong Ou, MD, Zehui Lao, MD, Yi Liu, MD, Chenguha Zhu, MD, Zhuangxun Han, MD, Xueyuan Chu, MD, and Dongling Cai, MD.
- Prevalence of Recurrent Herniation Following Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy: A Meta-Analysis
Si Yin, MD, Heng Du, MD, Weizhou Yang, MD, Chungguang Duan, PhD, Chaoshuai Feng, MD, and Huiren Tao, MD.
- Thermal Versus Super Voltage Pulsed Radiofrequency of Stellate Ganglion in Post-Mastectomy Neuropathic Pain Syndrome: A Prospective Randomized Trial
Dina N. Abbas, MD, and Raafat M. Reyad, MD.
- Evaluation of an Experimental Pain Model by Noncompartmental Analysis of Results from a Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial
Sybil Skinner-Robertson, BSN, PhD, Mohamad-Samer Mouksassi, PharmD, PhD, and France Varin, PhD.
- Transforaminal vs Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection for Acute-Phase Shingles: A Randomized, Prospective Trial
Aki Fujiwara, MD, Keisuke Watanabe, MD, PhD, Keiji Hashizume, MD, PhD, Kozue Shinohara, MD, and Masahiko Kawaguchi, MD, PhD.
- Clinical Outcomes of Posterolateral Fusion vs. Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion in Patients with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Instability
Majid Reza Farrokhi, MD, Golnaz Yadollahikhales, MD, Mehrnaz Gholami, MA, Seyed Reza Mousavi, MD, Amir Reza Mesbahi, MD, and Ali A. Asadi-Pooya, MD.
- Pulsed Radiofrequency on Dorsal Root Ganglion Relieved Neuropathic Pain Associated with Downregulation of the Spinal Interferon Regulatory Factor 8, Microglia, p38MAPK Expression in a CCI Rat Model
Rongguo Liu, MD, PhD, Xueru Xu, MD, Yunlu Xu, PhD, Xiangyu Fang, MD, and Xingwu Lin, MD.
- Pulsed Radiofrequency Application on Femoral and Obturator Nerves for Hip Joint Pain: Retrospective Analysis with 12-Month Follow-up Results
Andrea Tinnirello, MD, Manuel Todeschini, MD, Deborha Pezzola, MD, and Sandra Barbieri, MD.
- Effect of Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation of Thoracic Nerve Roots in Patients with Cancer and Intractable Chest Wall Pain
Tak Kyu Oh, MD, Nam Woo Kim, MD, Jiyeon Yim, MD, HyunJae Lim, MD, Boram Park, MS, and Dae Hyun Kim, MD, PhD.
- Operation of Soft or Calcified Thoracic Disc Herniations in the Full-Endoscopic Uniportal Extraforaminal Technique
Sebastian Ruetten, MD, PD, Patrick Hahn, MD, Semih Oezdemir, MD, Xenophon Baraliakos, MD, Georgios Godolias, MD, and Martin Komp, MD.
- Fluoroscopically-Guided Superior Hypogastric Plexus Neurolysis Using a Single Needle: A Modified Technique for a Posterolateral Transdiscal Approach
Po-Chou Liliang, MD, Chao-Ming Hung, MD, Kang Lu, MD, PhD, and Han-Jung Chen, MD, PhD.
- Comparison of 3 Anesthetic Methods for Percutaneous Transforaminal Endoscopic Discectomy: A Prospective Study
Yanjie Zhu, MD, Yongzhao Zhao, MD, Guoxin Fan, MD, Shiyu Sun, MD, Zhi Zhou, MD, Dongdong Wang, MD, Yunshan Fan, MD, Shisheng He, MD, PhD, and Guangfei Gu, MD.
- Quantitative 3D Trajectory Measurement for Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy
Xin Huang, MD, Bin Zhu, MD, and Xiaoguang Liu, MD.
- The Validity and Reliability of Provocation Tests in the Diagnosis of Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
Hilal Telli, MD, Serkan Telli, MD, and Murat Topal, MD.