Editor-in-Chief: Alan David Kaye, MD, PhD
Managing Editor: Fellows Bert, MA
Pain Physician is the official publication of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP). The journal is published 8 times a year beginning in 2016.
Pain Physician is a peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal written by and directed to an audience of interventional pain physicians, clinicians and basic scientists with an interest in interventional pain management and pain medicine.
Pain Physician presents the latest studies, research, and information vital to those in the emerging specialty of interventional pain management – and critical to the people they serve.
Current issue highlights: (February 2017, Volume 20, Issue 2S)
- Clinical and Professional Aspects of Opioid Prescribing for Pain Physicians
Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD.
- Responsible, Safe, and Effective Prescription of Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain: American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) Guidelines
Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD, Adam M Kaye, PharmD, Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Heath McAnally, MD, Konstantin Slavin, MD, Andrea M. Trescot, MD, Susan Blank, MD, Vidyasagar Pampati, MSc, Salahadin Abdi, MD, PhD, Jay S. Grider, DO, PhD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Kavita N. Manchikanti, MD, Harold Cordner, MD, Christopher G. Gharibo, MD, Michael E. Harned, MD, Sheri L. Albers, DO, Sairam Atluri, MD, Steve M. Aydin, DO, Sanjay Bakshi, MD, Robert L. Barkin, PharmD, Ramsin M. Benyamin, MD, Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD, Ricardo M. Buenaventura, MD, Aaron K. Calodney, MD, David L. Cedeno, PhD, Sukdeb Datta, MD, Timothy R. Deer, MD, Bert Fellows, MA, Vincent Galan, MD, Vahid Grami, MD, MPH, Hans Hansen, MD, Standiford Helm II, MD, Rafael Justiz, MD, Dhanalakshmi Koyyalagunta, MD, Yogesh Malla, MD, Annu Navani, MD, Kent H Nouri, MD, Ramarao Pasupuleti, MD, Nalini Sehgal, MD, Sanford M. Silverman, MD, Thomas T. Simopoulos, MD, Vijay Singh, MD, Daneshvari R. Solanki, MD, Peter S. Staats, MD, Ricardo Vallejo, MD, PhD, Bradley W. Wargo, DO, Arthur Watanabe, MD, and Joshua A. Hirsch, MD.
- Prescription Opioid Abuse in Chronic Pain: An Updated Review of Opioid Abuse Predictors and Strategies to Curb Opioid Abuse: Part 1
Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Mark R. Jones, MD, Adam M Kaye, PharmD, Juan G Ripoll, MD, Vincent Galan, MD, Burton D. Beakley, MD, Frank Calixto, MD, Jamie L. Bolden, BS, Richard D. Urman, MD, and Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- Prescription Opioid Abuse in Chronic Pain: An Updated Review of Opioid Abuse Predictors and Strategies to Curb Opioid Abuse (Part 2)
Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Mark R. Jones, MD, Adam M Kaye, PharmD, Juan G Ripoll, MD, Donald E. Jones, MD, Vincent Galan, MD, Burton D. Beakley, MD, Frank Calixto, MD, Jamie L. Bolden, BS, Richard D. Urman, MD, and Laxmaiah Manchikanti, MD.
- Repeated Quantitative Urine Toxicology Analysis May Improve Chronic Pain Patient Compliance with Opioid Therapy
Nebojsa Nick Knezevic, MD, PhD, Omar M. Khan, MD, Afsaneh Beiranvand, MD, and Kenneth D. Candido, MD.
- Educational Outreach to Opioid Prescribers: The Case for Academic Detailing
Margot Trotter Davis, PhD, Brian Bateman, MD, and Jerry Avorn, MD.
- Immunoassay-Based Drug Tests Are Inadequately Sensitive for Medication Compliance Monitoring in Patients Treated for Chronic Pain
Marion L. Snyder, PhD, Corrine R. Fantz, PhD, and Stacy Melanson, MD, PhD.
- Opioids Inhibit Angiogenesis in a Chorioallantoic Membrane Model
Haktan Karaman, MD, Adnan Tufek, MD, Evren Karaman, MD, and Orhan Tokgoz, MD.
- Current Concepts of Phenylpiperidine Derivatives Use in the Treatment of Acute and Chronic Pain
Nidal Elbaridi, MD, Alan D. Kaye, MD, PhD, Stephanie Choi, AB, and Richard D. Urman, MD.
- Oral Oxycodone for Acute Postoperative Pain:
A Review of Clinical Trials
Chi Wai Cheung, MD, Stanley Sau Ching Wong, MBBS, Qiu Qiu, MD, and Xianyu Wang, MD.